Wednesday, May 15, 2002

What a great night. The season finale of 'Ed' was wonderful, Shirley cracked me up with her unbraced fall, and Ed finally kissed Carol, and had the most wonderful confidence. But the coolest thing was who I got to share the experience with. If you were there tonight, that one moment of mass jubilation was the high point of the last few months of my life. Thank you so much for sharing that with me.

It feels so good to be free from the trappings of foundationalism. My life lately, though very rough, has been such a blessing because of the freedom I'm experiencing. Freedom to screw up, freedom to have bad attitudes, freedom to love, but most of all freedom to be who I was created to be. I missed so much of what God had for me during the 7or so years I spent worrying about every aspect of my spiritual live, consumed by fear of things not working out right. You can keep your perfect life to yourself, I'll take an eeked out existence, as long as I'm allowed to be authentic with God, myself, and my friends.

No comments: