Sunday, May 19, 2002

Well, this begins my last week of teaching at Brazos, and I'm happy. I don't feel I've failed, but I do think my kids deserve someone with much more patience and understanding of their situation than me. I've always worked well with urban kids, but only when I'm not responsible for their education. And something about putting 30 of them in a room at the same time has hurt my ability to have an impact. Oh well, you live and learn.

I might change my mind, but even if I get offered the job in Washington, I might end up staying here anyway. As much as it's taken me a long time to adjust to Waco, I feel like I'm about to hit a stride in many areas of my life, that I don't want to jar the process. Kyle's sermon had a lot of affect on that decision this morning. So Kyle, if you're reading this, thanks. I felt like you were talking to me. In fact, when I took my two hour Sunday afternoon nap, I had a dream that you were giving the sermon and in the middle called me out to sit on the first row. Was that meant for me?

Anyway, I really feel blessed right now.

No comments: