Wednesday, May 08, 2002

Well, we're watching 'Ed' tonight and I start resonating verbally with a conversation Blair and I had over lunch Sunday about how we have come to a point to where we hope Ed and Carol don't get together, because of the fact that Carol doesn't deserve Ed. She's just blind to what a jerk Dennis Martino is, it's sickening. Even in his redeeming moments he cannot get away from being a total jerk. So Chris chimes in with all this bullcrap about how Dennis isn't such a bad guy , he's just a little rough around the edges, but underneath he's got a lot of good potential. I understand his line of thinking, as I've heard it from him numerous times, and have even espoused it slightly before. Sure, it's very simplistic to think the best people are those who are always nice and seem to be somewhat flawless. I understand that. But in our haste to understand the complexities of the human psyche', we lose sight of the fact that there's something to say about good old fashioned niceness. At one point in the conversation Chris made the comment "Nice guys finish last," with the implication (or at least i perceived the implication), that the world just works like that, get over it. All I have to say is this: Dennis is a jackass. Sure he's created by God, has potential, blah, blah, blah. But none of that changes his jackass-ness.

Had a great conversation with Jen Alexander about the mideast crisis. We both mulled about how little Americans actually understand the problems, and just blindly support Israel because it's what we're supposed to do. Kidd made some pretty biased comments on the radio that made me upset, basically because of his lack of knowledge of the issue. But I still love the show anyway.

Why do I feel the need to qualify that I like the show anyway? I'm just too nice. As if Kidd is going to read this and get upset at me.

School wasn't as bad today. I sent my principal a note, telling her that I apologize about what happened yesterday, I'm not giving up just because there's two weeks left and I'm not coming back, and she can trust me. Your basic brown-nosing comments. If they gave an award for brown-nosing, I'd blow out the competition. And after all that, I had a good day, kids were well behaved and did their work, and the principal never came by. I was kind of upset, because she only seems to stop in when crayons are flying across the room.

Well, I'm about to go to bed. I haven't listened to Emmylou Harris lately. Might just pop that in as I go to bed.

No comments: