Thursday, May 09, 2002

The Mavs blew it tonight. Sacramento played exceptional, but left little windows of opportunity for Dallas to step into, which we refused to do. This makes Saturday's game crucial.

On a better note, I'm taking tomorrow off. Not sure what I'll do-- probably sleep in until 6:45 or 7:00.

I'm hoping to get a chance in the next few days to catch up on some friends. I've felt so self absorbed lately and I need to break out of that. Of course John Piper would have me believe that it's a good thing to be self absorbed, as long as I am filling self with Christ, yada, yada, yada. It sure would be nice if things were as simple as they used to be. I'm trying my best to be a person of faith, without being cliche' in my approach to Christianity, and without TRYING not to be cliche'-- because with my generation, that becomes cliche' in and of itself. I just want to be honest, without the pretense of honesty. I guess I'm speaking of sincerity. And I also guess I'm rambling on right now, so perhaps I'll shut up.

CNN says the standoff at the Church of the Nativity has just ended. I'm so ready for Israel to realize that there's a reason why suicide bombers choose to do what they do, and it has very little to do with religion. It has to do with occupation.

I'm totally loving this blog. I feel like Doogie Howser. And, as we all know, you can do a LOT worse than Doogie Howser.

No comments: