Thursday, May 30, 2002

It's been too long since I've written.

Well, I'm in a limbo position right now. Not sure where I'll be living in a month from now, what I'll be doing, or anything for that matter. It's a little scary, but I feel it's going to be alright.

Today I'm heading into East Texas. I always seem to find a reason to get back there when I'm going through tough times. I've got to drop off a recommendation letter to Dr. Harris in Marshall. But other than that, I have no agenda.

Driving through the areas where you grew up helps you regain focus. When I get past Athens, see the BBQ restaurant in Murchison, my high school in Brownsboro, and the city of my growing up, Chandler, I am alway reminded of who I really am. And I think, more than any place else, I become who I am when I'm there. I'm no longer a twenty-something wading through roommate, career, relationship, and emotional issues. I become the boy again who is loved by people in a small community. When I stop by the snow cone stand in Chandler owned and ran by my kindergarten teacher, I'm once again a person who has someone to take care of him.

No comments: