Saturday, February 04, 2006

Telling me Something...

I was told today by an old friend on the other side of the world (not Jason or Christy or probably anyone else you would know,) that I should spend a day alone praying to God because he (my friend) thinks God wants to tell me something. I asked what he thinks it may be and he said he didn't know, it was just something that he felt in his spirit.

What should I make of this? Do I say "No, I'm not that into that stuff anymore," or do I heed his admonition? It's fun to make fun of super-spiritual charismatic. But when you care deeply for one, it puts you in an awkward position between trust and cynicism.

Maybe he's right. Maybe God does want to tell me something. Maybe he just suspects that I drink alcohol and believe women should be able to preach and he is worried about my salvation and wanting me to feel his God tell me how to live. Either way, a day alone praying never hurt anyone, did it?

No comments: