Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Groggy...

The sleep hapbits of someone in retail management whose schedule is always in flux are quite unusual.

(I'm writing this in front of groggy eyes.)

During the first few awake moments my tired mind and body felt Saturday coming on. The sore from Sunday's run muscles were telling the sore from too much information and worries mind "It's Saturday, Saturday, Saturday. It's weird that it's Saturday, isn't it? Funny it doesn't feel like Saturday, but it's Saturday."

The mind replies, "It is funny it doesn't feel like Saturday. Maybe it's because we have to take Craig to work at 10:00 a.m. Oh well. You know what else was funny? That dream I gave him last night. The one about him being a part of Brittney Spears' entourage and all the work it took just for the group to go to Fuddruckers. It was really funny when I then brought Ann Lamott into the restaurant with two other writers he wasn't familiar with, although one had the name of a girl he knew in college and the other reminded him of his aunt Dotty. When all was said and done he was left running back home on the backroads between Belton and Waco and realizing halfway back that he should have given some of his writing to Ann Lamott to read. He'll be embarrassed about that dream later, but that's what he gets for reading too many tabloids during his breaks at work instead of good stuff."

Says the sore muscles to the mind, "You are strange, but that's ok. I'm just glad you told him he should take a day off from running today. I don't know if I can take this anymore. (And I think Nipples would agree.)"

Mind replies," Oh, you're welcome. I thought you needed a break, plus when he gets off I must help him complete what he will say tomorrow night at the HUB... wait a second. Tomorrow night is the HUB? Hey muscles..."

"Yeah"

"You know why it doesn't feel like Saturday?"

"No, why?"

"Because it isn't, it's Tuesday."

"I don't care, as long as I don't have to run for him it can be Christmas on a Wednesday."

"I can't believe I screwed the days up. Hey muscles, get his ass out of bed. It's Tuesday and he's got things to do."

No comments: