Friday, December 02, 2005

A funny memory...

I've been laughing to myself thinking about this all week.

One of the running jokes Kyle and I had between each other was that when we were in a crowd we would be on the lookout for people who resembled minor celebrities. Whichever of us would spot the victim first would turn to the other and ask, "What is (insert name of minor celebrity) doing in Waco?" It became a competition of who could find them first.

A few years ago we were at Jack and Jana Parker's wedding, sitting next to each other. Jack, being in the David Crowder Band, rubs shoulders with many big shots in the collegiate evangelical subculture. Louie Giglio was in the service, which was officiated by Voddie Baucham. Somewhere in the middle of the service Kyle pointed to a guy running a camera who was short, stocky, and balding, leaned over to me and whispered, "I know why Voddie Baucham is here, and can understand why Giglio would be here, but why is Tony Campolo the cameraman?"

He then tickled me and I was laughing throughout the rest of the service.

No comments: