Monday, December 19, 2005

Sound of Crickets...

The time of year has officially arrived when not only is everyone gone from Waco, everyone also takes a break from their computer. I didn't realize how dependent I was on keeping up with everyone from their blogs until the past couple of days. A lot can be said about how we relate to each other through screens better now than in person and how electronic communication has taken the place of face-to-face meetings. I'm sure there are tons of horrible, armeggedon-inducing aspects of this, but there are good things as well. I feel connected to so many more people now.

At the same time, though, I feel lonelier when people are gone.

Oh, well.

Last night I got a call from my good ol' ETBU friend Casey O'Dell who is in town for the Holidays (Christmas,) from her new home in The Netherlands. I'm off to have breakfast with her.

Love...Embrace...Live...

No comments: