Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I'm sitting here trying to think of something to write. I have tons of ideas and no ideas all at the same time. It's time for my second annual best of the year post, but after everything that has happened, it just doesn't seem right.

Isn't it interesting the way we all say that? "After everything that has happened..." Only one thing happened. How did that one thing turn into everything? I guess when everything is wrapped in one thing then one thing becomes everything.

The other reason it doesn't seem right is that I haven't read a lot or listened to anything different than what I listened to last year. I think "Peace Like a River" is the only novel I finished all year. (Surely there was another.) Beyond that just bits and pieces here and there.

I could be wrong, maybe I read a lot and listened to a lot and lead a stimulated life, but my memory of things pre-October 30 is spotty.

I may wait a few days before I write anything else. I need to read a little and be with people and run a little and live a little more. I guess there's nothing for me to write about if all I do is write.

No comments: