Sunday, December 04, 2005

I have a lot of things kicking around my head that I want to write about this week, but I wanted to take today to tell everyone how much it means to me that you take the time to read what I have to write. Even though I may have pretended it to be the case at the beginning, I've never been one who believed my blog was 100% me journaling my thoughts and 0% me caring what you thought or if you read. If I cared not about what you thought I would not post my thoughts on the WORLDwideweb. So yeah, just wanted to say thanks. It means a lot to have people come up to me and tell me that something I wrote touched them.

Here's something I'm dealing with, though. A great wave of guilt comes over me when I think about writing something, or even doing something, that has nothing to do with Kyle. Woltersforf said it in his book, and I feel it: My greatest fear is forgetting. Forgetting his face, forgetting his laugh, his grin, and most of all, forgotting my stories of him. So when I have the inclination to write about something else, like the two High School football playoff games I went to this weekend, I get afraid that people will wonder what the problem is with me. I also fear you will stop reading.

I have no clue why I threw that out to you, just wanted you to be aware.

Last thing-- If you haven't read "Peace Like a River," please do. There is a chapter toward the end of the book that is one of the most beautiful things I've ever read.

No comments: