Monday, February 09, 2004

What's Going On

Well, the weekend of mourning for Ed is officially over. Time to get back to my real life. That's what the cast of Ed would want.

There are funny things that have happened in my life, of which some of them, like the one that happened this weekend, few of you will ever know about. So please, don't ask. If you do, I'll not even answer with a "no, I'm not talking."

My week this week consists solely of work.

Today: Work from 2-close
Tuesday: Work from 2-close
Wednesday: Work from 10-7
Thursday: Work from 7-4
Friday: Off
Saturday: Work from 10-7.

That's it.

And here's my opinion on the Grammy's, stressing thoughts I've had in the past. Music, for the most part, is all about preferences, not quality. If someone is a professional musician, it's stupid and arrogant for you to say that "so and so is just so much better than so and so. How can Justin Timberlake have beaten out Sting and George Harrison and some other dead guy for male vocalist of the year?" Well I don't know, but the academy, people who's livelihood and art is making and producing music, thought that during the past particular year, the album that Timberlake put out was better vocally than any other. So please, speak in terms of preferences, not in terms that expose your high brow view of music.

That was written with no particular person in mind.

By the way.........

I've been pretty intimidated lately. The advent of Jason blogging brought about a great wave of his friends blogging as well. And going through the great information highway, via the tunnels provided by links posted on friends of blogs, I've noticed one thing: There are some smart sons of bitches within my inner and outer circle of friends blogging these days. So, please take that in mind if my blogs begin to sound very juvenile and threatened. It's just a defense mechanism on my part to try to prove to myself that I'm just as smart as everone else.. (cough, cough, Myles, Blake.)

No comments: