Wednesday, February 18, 2004

My Day

Today was my day off. Here's what I have done so far, in the best order in which I can remember it:

1. Woke up, got ready, went and had breakfast with Jason at Benny's Bagel's.
2. Came home, went to the computer, surfed the internet for an indeterminite period of time. Within that time I visited the following sites: Jason's Blog, Blake's Blog, Mark's Blog, Chad's Blog, Tom's Blog, Aaron O'Kelley's (new) blog, Ben's blog, blog sounds funny when you say it a lot, Real Live Preacher's blog (very good shit in there-- a link coming soon,) Seth's blog, Bejewled, cnn.com, msnbc.com, stuckeyville.com, johnmayer.com, etbu alumni message board, and I think that's about it.
3. Walked to the chair that is near the desk and read the Bible. (go ahead, laugh and catch your breaths.) Pondered my sermon on March 7, playing with the title "The Passion of Christ: Shattered Expectations." My readings were the Passion stories in Matthew and Mark.
4. Called Kyle and requested a midday dining audience with him. Cursed him once he told me he already had plans.
5. Watched a TIVO'd episode of Friends.
6. Emailed an old acquaintance, Rick Cassels. One of those, "hey, what's going on with you?" type things, after 3 years of not talking. Not that we talked much anyway before that. But as you have seen, my day hasn't exactly been eventful.... I needed something.
7. Read a chapter out of Annie Dillard's "Pilgrim at Tinker Creek." Was shocked once again at her writing which demands that I experience her descriptions of nature. Like the movie the other night, I found myself shattered and breathless by simple descriptions.
8. Took a nap.
9. Repeated #2 several times.
10. Talked to Daniel.
11. Intermittently throughout the day I cleaned the kitchen, slightly.
12. Repeated #8.
13. Blogged a fairly uncreative thought on the Compass' sign.
14. Repeated #2, and #9.
15. I almost forgot, somewhere in between 5 and 12 I walked around the corner to the convenience story and bought a 2 liter bottle of Dr. Pepper to have with the taco soup I defrosted for lunch.
16. Throughout all this I listened, at least once, to the Norah Jones CD, newest John Mayer, Elvis, and Jason Mraz.
17. Which brings me to now..... Tom just walked in and now I'm forced to think of what I will do until Coffee and Culture at 9:00.

Possibilities: Repeat #'s 2,9, and 14....... Repeat #6, but with a different chapter....... Read some out of the Russian Revolution book I brought to the table earlier in the day, just in case the need arose...... Find someone to go eat with...... Go to Work and hang out with the people at Barnes and Noble, like with the the cast of Cheers and Wings did quite often, creating numerous stories and hijinks that will fill 30 minutes of laugh-track induced humor.
_______________________________

Suggestion, If you ever have a day in which you were unmotivated and lazy, just list all the things you did, like I just did. It's far more impressive than saying "I didn't do much today." Which is true, but not interesting.

No comments: