Thursday, February 05, 2004

My Life

It's been a while since I've just blogged what I've been doing. So here, I will do just that.

I'm off of work today and tomorrow. I go back on Saturday @ 3:00.

Last night we had coffee and culture and I think I was a bit too harsh on a couple of people. As long as people remain in that vast muddy and murky waters known as "the middle," I'm fine and very cordial. But once anyone begins to take an extreme view of something I automatically shut them off. I shouldn't do that. But I do.

This morning I woke up and watched a little of the today show, falling asleep on the couch, then playing on the computer for a bit.

The emails today I have gotten are the following:

1. A couple of things that I automatically deleted because I didn't recognize the sender.
2. One thing that I automatically deleted because I didn't think my member would be elongated with the advertised product.
3. Two emails from an old ETBU acquaintance, Addie Nauman. She does this really cool "question of the week" thing and posts all the responses. Here is the question of the week this week:

"To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to learn the appreciation of honest critics and endure that betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beatuy, to find the best in others, to leave this world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."
~Emerson~

Now I know that I have already asked a question about what you think it means to be successful, but I want to know your opinion on this quote. Do you agree/disagree? Why or why not? What would you add/take away?

4. Two political emails from Ann.
5. Two replies regarding input for an alternative service.



I then went to eat lunch with Jason. Afterwards we went to the happy place, Kyle and my buzzword for Krispy Kreme. Saw this old lady who was having her first Krispy Kreme just throw an absolute fit over how good it was. For more that a minute "Wow! That was so good! I can't believe it! Wow!" I wish she would have gotten a room.

I came home then went to Temple to get a new pair of glasses. While waiting for them to be cut and all that I went to Starbucks, had a bottled water (good for the urine,) and read a little of "A National Party No More" by former democratic senator from Georgia Zell Miller.

Came back to Waco and went to the Y to work out. I realized a week ago that they were still taking money out of my account, so I decided to start going back. We'll see.

While I was doing all this (from the beginning until now) there was a pot roast in the crock pot that I had placed there this morning.

Came home, watched Friends, watched the E! True Hollywood Story on Janet Jackson. In between those two shows I tried the pot roast. It wasn't as good as I was hoping, but still ok.

And now, here I am, to the point where I'm writing this.

So, what's going on with you?

No comments: