Friday, February 13, 2004

A Texas Blizzard that isn't from THE Dairy Queen

If you could have seen me, you would have laughed your ass off. I was heading up to the cashier at work to help out. I had just reviewed some sales figures in the back, instructed a bookseller that we had to change the schedule up a little, and answered a phone call from one of our distributor's. I was becoming a pretty bad ass professional. On my way up to the front I looked out the window and as loud and shrill and childlike as I could be I yelled "Look, It's snowing!" I got laughed at, but who cares? When I went out in it to go to lunch I had the biggest smile on my face. There were guys from Circuit City who ran out in the parking lot just to stand in the midst of it, with their arms up as if they were at a charismatic church. It was pure, unadulterated joy.

No comments: