Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Can you teach me about tomorrow?

This may
be the cliche'
Of the day:

Time is precious.

If anything is worth saying right now, it's that. I work 40 hours a week, am finding out that training for a race actually takes commitment, am trying to be diligent about writing, and above all else trying to spend what is of most value to me- time, on those I care about.

If you are wondering about the previous post and the one from a few days ago, I'll fill you in. But you have to promise me to have no contact with the characters I will speak of.

A couple of dudes who have direct access to God have felt Him lead them to tell those of us who were close to Kyle that God killed Kyle because of poor theology.

And the anger wells up within me, as it is probably welling up within you now, and one thought comes roaring like a freight train to the front of the line of things to do-- RESPOND, AND RESPOND WELL.

So I ponder and I ponder and I think of the best lines to use and the perfect amount of sarcasm and anger balanced with a healthy dose of spiritual talk placed perfectly so as to create the appearance of building bridges. I write an email and hover the mouse around the "send" button and have the same feelings we have all felt before hitting that button when sending a serious email.

But I choose something different. Ashamed that I have already given those people too much of my life, I hit delete, and I'm here to testify brothers and sisters (can I get a witness!) it is one of the greatest feelings in the world-- The feeling that I am as I was created to be... a creature who can choose who to be and what to give my time to.

They will get no more of my time, and they will get no more of my life.

Of all the quotes on top of blogs, the one that used to be on Myles' is the most appropriate to end this with, from Annie Dillard:

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."

Don't spend your lives on anger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spend some days in Brazil and have beautiful times. Sunny moments are waiting for you.

Your new brazilian friend. Robert Andrade.

(please forgive my poor english)