Tuesday, November 04, 2003

I had the hardest time sleeping last night. I seem to be coming down with a cold. I had the thing where I had a minor sore throat yesterday that had the feel that something worse was on it's way. When I went to bed I had phlegm all in my throat, I woke up sweating with my mouth leaking. I ended up taking some of Tom's NyQuil to go to sleep. I could get addicted to that stuff.

It was rough going to work because I was so tired from yesterday. I was a little more productive today, though.

Every now and then I get frustrated and depressed with my situation, and here is why. I live among leavers. Most everyone that I have a relationship with here in Waco doesn't plan on being in Waco in the next few years. That mentality was ok when I was 23 and all my friends lived very transient lives, but I'm about to be thirty. I can't keep having people walk in and out of my life every few years for the rest of my life. No matter what anyone says, and no matter how much technology and progress allows people to move around and travel all the time, humans weren't meant to interact this way. There are supposed to be close bonds that last, within proximity of each other, for years on years. Unfortunately most of my friends are more interested in the illusion of happiness just around the corner, leaving me here in a content, but potentially lonely, place.

No comments: