Sunday, November 23, 2003

Here we Go

As stated previously, I'll be spending the next few days blogging about the last few days. But a quick summary, and the cheese factor will be very high here-- so if you're still enslaved by cynicism you may not want to read on.


Since I got off of work on Thursday afternoon, until just a few minutes ago at love feast, I've experienced more joy, had more genuinely incredible tender moments with friends- old and new-, and had more hugs than in any three day period of my life. Real hugs. Not half ass sidal hugs. I'm talking full on, frontal, squeeze the life out of you- and breathe it into you - type hugs. And man, was the life breathed back into me this weekend.



Bachelor Party

After I got off of work on Thursday I met up with my friend Jason Fortenberry, then went to get my tux. After that we drove up to Dallas together to the bachelor party. Jason was bitching the whole time that he had to drive, but he really loves to do that for fun. We met everyone at the Magic Time Machine in Addison. I was expecting it to be a very tame, Christiany, type party but it wasn't. Nothing really wild happened, but it was by no means tame. Lot of beer floating around. We had an amazingly fun time.

My first of the multitude of hugs came when my friend Robert came in. Robert is an ETBU buddy who is living in Tampa, Florida now. He sacrificed a whole lot to be there this weekend. He's really kind of like a younger brother to me. I so love being around him. He's one of the funniest people I've ever known.

After the meal we went upstairs to the karoake bar. We hung out there for a while. One of the many funny parts of the whole wedding weekend was when Robert and Daniel Hazlewood got up to sing Johnny B. Good. Robert ended up singing while Daniel ended up making a fool out of himself by dancing. EDITED FOR CONTENT

No comments: