Monday, May 17, 2004

Stuck....

I've been on the couch for about an hour and a half watching a movie that I love (City of Angels,) but have seen so many times I'm reciting dialogue as it is happening. I've really been working hard at not coming over here to the computer to write something like I know I should. But I forced myself and here I am.

I heard something on some radio news show today about a pastor in Tennessee or something throwing a fit because the Anuity Board of the SBC has money in Carnival Cruise lines who sponsor some gay cruises and I'm thinking to myself, "Don't you have a faucet leaking or paint pealing off the walls or something around your house that needs your attention more than a company who is doing what companies do which is make money?" Fundamentalists talk a lot about slippery slopes and this is one if I've ever seen one. This guy is going to start with this and then start anathemitizing any company for anything that can be perceived "anti Christian."

I love the old Meg Ryan. The pre-plastic surgery Meg Ryan.

City of Angels is such a wonderful movie that explores basic epistemological quesions such as "How do you know?" and "How do you know that you know?"

I think it's a wonderful apologetic for the possibilty of God. And without the world of possibility, what do we have left? (An Ed quote.)

No comments: