Wednesday, May 19, 2004

My Biggest Demon.....

When we turned 16 we all got jobs and some of the parents taught how to save first, buy what you need, and spend a small amount on things you don't really need. My parents taught me how to apply for a loan and buy things without thinking about whether or not I can afford them and what the word "refinance" means. It's not their faught I turned out the way I did. There are many undesirable things they set the example for that I realized at a young age and moved beyond, so I only have myself to blame.

Brent sent the Financial Aid lady chocolates and flowers and got most of his college tuition paid for. I sent the Financial Aid lady chocolates and flowers and got $23,000 worth of student loan debt.

Truett wooed most of my friends with promises of money-for-school-out-the-ass. I walked into Grear Howard's office at least a half dozen times without him being there. Left my name and my concerns. Nothing. I emailed him and received a reply "I can get you $500. Hope that helps." Baylor tuition is something like ten thousand dollars an hour plus a good bending over while the Bears have their way with you. So no, Mr. Howard, that doesn't help.

I've long heard about, and from, people who needed money desperately for bills or school or a mission trip and prayed and went to their mailbox and "Voila!" to the dollar exactly what they needed from their aunt who God told to send a certain amount of money.

I think those people are full of crap. Of course God typically only does this with people who have aunts with money. It's a requirement for God's provision.

My aunts are just as poor as I am.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not asking for money. I'm asking for pity.

Just kidding, money will do just fine.

I'm off to see if I can find Kenneth and Gloria Copeland on TV. Maybe they are praying to adopt a nephew.

No comments: