Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Today

It's been a weird day. I have today and tomorrow off, which is very rare for my days off to be consecutive. I did go in to work this morning to give a tour of the store to a group of elementary students from Wortham. That was fun. I then went to the store to get some groceries. Got back home around 11:30, and haven't left the house since. I've just been going back and forth between the television and the computer all day. I haven't been motivated to either read or write, but that frustrates me. I started to write an essay for this thing we're doing with coffee and culture. Got about half a page done then went back to the couch. I guess I'm just waiting for the inspiration to hit me. I think, though, that the majority of the times that I get inspired to write is when I'm around people who can provide context for the things I want to say. But I've been around no people today.

Dems

The Iowa caucuses are next week, and that's about all that's been on the news today, other than the president's initiative to send humans back to the moon and to mars.
Looks like Kerry is gaining ground on Gephardt for second place, and Dean is even losing a few points. Not being a Democrat, it's quite fun watching those guys beating up on each other. The conclusion I've come to is that I could stand Dean, Gephardt, Lieberman, and possibly John Edwards as president, but not Kerry. The guy has a hard time explaining his position on Iraq. He's speaking out of both ends of his mouth.

No comments: