Friday, January 23, 2004

My Yesterday

Yesterday morning my pissing problems returned. Painful urination. It was pretty bad. By the end of the day it was much worse, and I decided I needed to see a doctor, so I went to the Hillcrest clinic. After waiting about an hour they had me come in and piss in the cup and wait in the room for another hour. Then an Asian doctor comes in and asks me a few questions, presses various parts of my torso, inducing much laughter because of the tickling, then asked some more questions. He wrote a prescription and then gave me directions to the McLennan county health department, since it'd be cheaper to be treated for an STD there than at the clinic. I told him I didn't think that would be necessary. He looked at me like "There's nothing to be ashamed of." At which point I reiterated that I really think it would be a waste of my money to be treated for an STD. He told me to keep the sheet just in case I changed my mind. He said he was pretty sure I had an STD, which caused a minor urinary tract infection. I said the infection is possible, but the STD isn't. So, anyway, I went and got my prescription, hoping I'd be feeling better soon.

I came home, got ready for bed, the pain hadn't subsided one bit. I had this horrible burning feeling that was worse than any pain I've ever felt. When I tried to pee, a couple of drops trickled out. I was sweaty and dizzy and nauseus and had a fever. It was like The Green Mile. What I would've given for that big black man to grab my crotch and suck the flies out of my mouth at that point. The pain was so unbearable that I drove myself to the emergency room at Hillcrest. I hadn't been there for myself since I cut part of my thumb off the first summer I was here in Waco.

To make a long story short... Waited a while, got my blood pressure taken, told them my problem, they told me to keep the cup handy in case I could pee they'd need a sample, so I went to the bathroom and painfully pissed a couple of teaspoonfuls of piss into the cup, took it to her, at which point she put it in a vial and said "My God, you've got a horrible infection," I waited longer, was taken to a room where I fell asleep and at 2:30 a.m. finally saw a doctor who said I had a major kidney infection and asked me more questions, prescribed me a couple of more things, and sent me on my way.

Now, here's my beef (pun intended.) During that whole ordeal I wasn't asked once to drop my pants so they could feel me up. I was a little disappointed going through all that pain and not a single person requesting to see my private parts. The attractive girl who took my blood pressure would have been perfect, but I might would have settled for the old Asian doctor at the clinic- I would have closed my eyes. But hey, I guess they knew what they were doing. The medicine they gave me worked, although it makes me pee brown. But I'd rather pee painless brown than painful clear anyday.

One of the Most Amazing Things I've Read Lately, Perhaps Ever

You have GOT to read Blake's latest post on his blog. I read it when I returned from the ER and was floored. Simply amazing.

http://drclockwork.blogspot.com

Check out this last stanza from that poem:

But to give and carry and embrace,
To know not by degree but by essence,
The sacred sound of marching, the sweet silence of being.
____


the sacred sound of marching. wow. wow. wow.

No comments: