Friday, January 28, 2005

This Weekend...

It's not that often that I have an entire weekend off from work as I do this weekend, AND simultaneously having most of my friends out of town, so I'm going to take advantage of it.

My plan is to wake up VERY early in the morning and head to places east of here. My first stop will be Carthage, TX (population somewhere around 6,000-- small, yes, but large by Chandler standards) where my mom grew up and I spent many a summer day. There's a little coffe shop downtown where my granddad used to eat at and which I've never stepped foot in. It's the most nondescript little thing and from the outside it reminds me of the coffee shop in Hill Valley (1955 version.) I'm hoping to chat with some of the locals about my family. It may be a long shot and I might get funny looks, but it's worth a try.

Then I'll head north on 59 to hang out with Robert in Marshall for the day. He works in the evening which brings me to the eight hours I will have to.... drum roll.... begin writing what hopefully, with time, something that will at least slightly resemble a thing called a book. We'll see.

Sunday the plan is to head back west, stopping in Chandler to visit the church I grew up in, First Baptist Chandler.

I'm jonesin' for some inspiration.

No comments: