Tuesday, January 11, 2005

No Title, Just Bullets...

--There's a bird who for a few weeks now has been trying to get into our house by ramming itself into the door. I've been home most of the day because it's my day off and have noticed that during the day he tries to get in through the window in the office. Who can blame him? Who wouldn't want to be where I am?:)

-- Nothing much has happened over the past few days, but I seem to have been extremely busy. I've spent the past couple of weeks either hanging out with Kyle, Jen and the kids or Jason or Jason and Christy. As I've gotten older I've become more comfortable with solitude. But being with friends can't be beat.

-- My reading has slacked off. No, it's stopped. I still need to finish "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time." I should work hard on getting that done this week. Next week I start my book club at UBC. It'll be good to revisit some things like "The Poisonwood Bible" and "Traveling Mercies."

-- Speaking of "Traveling Mercies," Anne Lammott's new book "Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith" comes out in March. Just before that, David Crowder's "Praise Habit" comes out on February 28. Can't wait for those.

-- I'm 30 years old, but sometimes I'm still just a junior high kid. Seriously.

-- I can't remember if I've already mentioned this, but I finally watched "Everybody Loves Raymond." I've had people telling me for years that I would love that show, but I never gave it a chance. Watched it last week and I'm hooked.

-- Next Monday, 11:00 a.m., Ed on TBS. I'm thinking of having a get together sometime later in the week to watch the first two or three episodes. I'm hoping to get people hooked on it from the beginning so they can see that I'm not as mentally ill as they think I am. Well, maybe I am, but at least they will understand better where I'm coming from.

-- The bird has landed on the window sill and is just staring at me. Tough luck bird, you're not meant for in here.

-- Watched "In America" for the umpteenth time today. Cried again for the umpteenth time.

-- Well, that's all I've got. Catch you on the flip side.

No comments: