Thursday, January 29, 2004

Why am I forcing myself to stay up late, even though I'm sleepy?

1. I'm thinking I might actually find something good on television.
2. I'm thinking maybe someone in my great web of blog pals will blog something at this time of night.
3. In the even that #2 occurs (no pun intended,) the possibility exists that someone may be awake, which will make it possible for me to call them to say "You can't sleep either?"
4. The possibility that I might get an email from someone.
5. Maybe sleep deprivation will spark something creative and worthwile within me.
6. It's only 11:00 p.m. in Seattle... maybe Blake will sign on.
7. I took a nap when I got home from work.
8. I have the day off tomorrow.

_________________________
I know this is probably just paranoia, but I'm at a time in my life, communaly, where I feel like I'm lurking on the outskirts of three or four different groups of friends, and feel either unwelcome or unworthy or unwilling to put myself into the flow of any particular group. I suppose I've always had this insecure fear-- that even though I know different, I never feel fully accepted.

No comments: