Sunday, January 18, 2004

Feeling Better

Mosts of my posts from last week were either extremely inchoherent, or extremely irrelevent. (Not that I consider any reality irrelevent.) I was in a funk last week- spiritually, emotionally, and especially physically.

Now that I'm over this sickness, I'll share it with you. It was too embarrasing to share when it was happening, but now that it's over I'll let it all hang out. Let me just say, painful urination is no laughing matter. I'm not sure if I had a kidney infection, a bladder infection, or an STD (from my various wild sexual escapades*,) or something else-- but it hurt like hell to take a piss. I was walking around with this grimace on my face all week because of the burning sensation in my nether regions.

I know this isn't exactly making you comfortable reading this. But hey, I'm just being transparent. I'm just keeping it real. Because that's what I'm all about-- keeping it real..... Yep, keeping it real.

But today I followed my mother's instructions and drank a gallon of cranberry juice, and things feel much better. I can now take a piss without worrying about tearing up my insides.


*This was intended as humor, not a reflection of reality.

Friends

I think I'm growing up emotionally. For the longest time I had this idea that, in order for a friendship to be vital, you had to constantly be in contact with and in conversation with, your friends. I'm now seeing that isn't necessary. I used to never say no to any opportunity I had to hang out with, or to talk to someone, for fear that the statute of limitations would run out on our relationship. I'd go all over town at all hours of the day just to spend time with someone, so as to not lose the relationship. Or I'd be calling my out of town friends at least two or three times a week, with the subcounscious fear that they would forget that we had a bond.

But talking to two of my closest friends, Blake and Tim, today made me realize how I'm not really that person anymore. I felt just as close to Blake on the phone today, even though I haven't seen or talked to him since Christmas. (As much as I talk abou this guy, you all probably think I have a man crush on him. I do*.) I wish everyone could know him.

*This was intended as humor, not a reflection of reality.

Ed Plan

So, here's the deal. The season finale of Ed is on February 6. A few hundred of us dEDicated fans who frequent stuckeyville.com have a plan in place to make sure it's not the series finale. Stay tuned for further details.

No comments: