Wednesday, September 17, 2003

This is my first day off since last Monday. I woke up this morning about 5 a.m., played on the internet for a few minutes, watched a Seinfeld that my friend Tivo recorded for me, went back to bed, woke up at 8, started watching my story (that would be, the E! True Hollywood Story) on Sam Kinison, also courtesy of Tivo, fell asleep about a quarter of the way through that, woke up around 10:00. I'm already a little refreshed.

Today should be fun, and interesting at the same time. My friend Jason Fortenberry is visiting. He's a pastor in South West rural Louisiana and a friend from my year of working at ETBU. Haven't seen him in probably three years.

Also interesting is the fact that Mark Penick will be in town at the same time. Mark, as I like to tell people, is the best friend I've ever had that I absolutely cannot stand being around. I'll actually consider it an accomplishment if I can make it through the day avoiding him altogether. He's here to speak to Jason's youth group. Probably about God's glory, or some shit like that. I saw Louie Gigleo Monday night. I don't need to see him again.

I'm going straight to hell, I know it. But at least Coffee and Culture is tonight, so there's a little redemption for me.

No comments: