Friday, September 26, 2003

I have no real problem with people who play the guitar. In fact I love a good guitar player. David Crowder, Carlos Santana, Johnny Cash, Roseanne Cash, Slash, Chet Atkins, Eric Clapton...... all wonderful. Even those with much less ability please me to no end.

But for the love of all that is true and holy, if you are in someone's house or any other setting where there is a guitar in close proximity, don't just assume that I want to hear you play guitar. I'll find out if you're good soon enough, you don't have to prove it to me.

If I want to hear music I will either A.) Turn my stereo on, B.) Be in my car, C.) Go to a concert, D.) Be at some other event where it is assumed music will be (i.e., church,)or E.) Ask you if you will play something for me.

If I'm with a group of friends I want to be either A.) Talking, B.) Sitting in silence, reading or watching television, enjoying each other's company.

I think one of the rudest things you can do is assume people enjoy listening to you as much as you enjoy listening to yourself.

Just a random thought that has no context whatsoever. :)

No comments: