Thursday, September 20, 2007

Ramblings...

I've had the day off. Other than attending the Waco Community Race Relations Coalition dinner and quarterly meeting this evening, because I'm a social justice lovin', Community Race Relatin', fool who loves a good meal, I did much of nothing. I took two long walks with Jane, one long nap, and read a little in Dave King's The Ha-Ha. It was a well needed day off.

Perhaps you've noticed from the darkness and slight bitterness of some of my recent posts, I'm a little burned out on these days I've been inhabiting. I'm in serious need of a vacation before I really start telling people what I think. I'm hopefully taking a week off from work in late October. I'll probably be in the Dallas area most of that time, attending the wedding of a very close friend and seeing Blake, who will be coming in from Seattle.

Not much more to say. I've got a busy couple of days ahead, so it'll probably be Sunday or Monday before I have something else for you. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

You may be interested to know that at least two other facilitators for the TBYPN dinner were also at the CRRC meeting tonight. As was my dad, actually. I think, even though you are tired, that this was an important post. And vacations are incredibly important, too.

jenA said...

ooh, ooh, come hang out with me n katy, too!