Thursday, September 13, 2007

Pancakes...

I had really begun to doubt Waco's commitment in revitalizing downtown. Sure, the frame of the new Chamber of Commerce building is going up as we speak in Heritage Square, but other than that things move too slow. Since I moved to Waco it's all I've heard about, but I've seen no real action.

Until Tuesday.

I was running down Austin Avenue and what glorious sight did these eyes behold? On the bottom floor of the One Liberty Place building, in the space formerly occupied by The Atrium Cafe is a sign that reads Cafe Cappuccino. Yes it's true, my favorite place for coffee, chocolate chip pecan pancakes, and reading the Waco Tribune Herald is moving from it's hard-to-reach location on Bosque to downtown.

Let the revitalization begin!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Yippee! this is exciting news!