Saturday, December 09, 2006

Breaking the Normal...

I've always believed in angels in theory but have never really had enough faith to think they may actually exist. Yet when I read the scriptural accounts of the birth of the One in whom I've staked my whole life on, I can't turn a single corner without running into an angel. They are everywhere. Announcing the birth of Jesus to the shepherds, telling Elizabeth and Mary the impossible is going on in their bodies, and warning people about the very specific dangers of having a baby known as "king" in your midst. These beings were who God used to intrude on our monotony and make known that things will be different from now on.

Maybe my faith will increase and I will eventually see an angel. For now, though, I'll settle for the hope that comes from believing this is not all there is.

1 comment:

Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

Craig,

this sounds like a step towards a good cosmic conflict worldview.