Thursday, June 16, 2005

Bohica

So this BOHICA thing at work we're doing where we stay up all night some nights to move things around in the store has ruined my Thursday.

Wednesday 4:30 a.m. 1:00 p.m.-- Awake, anticipating a morning full of activity to induce tiredness in order to take a long nap in the afternoon. Activities inclue lifting weights, an hour on the elliptical machine, the acceptance of a challenge to play HORSE with some thirteen year old kid at the gym, trip to the bank, some reading, and lunch with Kyle.

Wednesday 1:15 p.m.-- Arrive back at home hoping to settle down into a long afternoon slumber. Winding down exercises include checking email, blogs, message boards, and an episode of "Ed."

Wednesday 2:15 p.m-- Lay down for a nap.

Wednesday 3:30 p.m.-- Awake from nap, pissed off that said nap didn't last longer.

Wednesday 3:45 p.m.-- Another "Ed."

Wednesday 4:30-- Lay down for desired "Round 2" of afternoon nap.

Wednesday 5:00-- I realize sleep will not visit me again.

Wednesday 5:00- 8:00-- Internet, television (including a hilarious episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, El Tapatio.)

Wednesday 8:00 p.m.-- Church midweek.

Wednesday 9:00 p.m.-- Begin night from hell which includes the physical moving of four gigantic fixtures that weigh a combined four million tons.

Thursday 5:45 a.m.-- Leave Barnes and Noble.

Thursday 5:48 a.m.-- Stop at Jack and Jill's where my favorite Cambodians give me my favorite doughnuts, a Jumbo Jalapeno Sausage and Cheese Kolache, Apple Fritter, and large Dr. Pepper. Read the Waco Tribune Herald.

Thursday 6:15 a.m.-- Arrive home, crash.

9:15-- Awake, move tired and sore body to the couch, turn on CMT, fall asleep to Toby Keith.

10:30-- Awake again.

10:30 through 8:00 p.m.-- Walk around like a zombie trying not to fall back asleep so I could sleep at night. Activities include, but were not limited to: Trying to read a chapter of Merton's "No Man is an Island," surfing ETBU alumni message boards-- opting not to make any comments since I'm delirious, contemplate reviving my fledgling writing career, call Kyle to inquire when those kids are coming back because I'm missing them, CMT, two "Ed" episodes, Will and Grace, Coach.

8:00 p.m.-- Give in, go to bed.

9:30 p.m.-- Wake up, try to go back to sleep.

I can't go back to sleep but I'm as tired as I've ever been in my life. Well, since Timberline anyway.

I'm screwed.

No comments: