Thursday, September 02, 2004

More Abourtion Musings...

I keep trying to leave for work, but I keep getting riled up about this.

Just a couple of quick things--

-- Between the 50's-80's, if the anti-abortion activists would have relented and allowed concessions for legalized abortions in the cases of rape and incest, it's highly likely the abortion industry would be much more regulated right now, and fewer abortions would occur. But that's not good enough for the religious right. It's either no abortion or rambant abortion.

-- Question: (And this is something I've really wrestled and considered.) Although legislatively this will never happen, I wonder how fundamentalist Christians would react to such a scenario. The pro-choice lobby says "Ok, we're going to give in. Outlaw abortion. But in return, we want a federal ammendment outlawing the death penalty. Deal?" Aaron, would you go for that? I would in a heartbeat.

No comments: