Friday, December 05, 2003

A HEARTY WELCOME TO MY NEW VIEWERS-- ETBU ALUMNI, DIRECTLY FROM BEHIND THE PINE CURTAIN

Ben and I were talking last night about our blogs, and we came to the conclusion that the reason we do it is for other people to know what's going on with our lives and what we are thinking. If we wanted to keep it private, we'd just write it down in a journal.

With that in mind I've invited my friends from the East Texas Baptist University alumni forum into my blogging world. So if you're here as a result of that, welcome... please enjoy.

But I need to let you know a few things, so you want fall back in your chairs:

1. While at ETBU I would have never considered using the words damn, bitch, bastard, fuck, fuckwad, fuckhead, dumb fuck, or women in the minisry, but now I almost consider it a sin to make it through the day with out using all of those words in conversation. So if those words offend you-- fuck you. But I still want you to read on.

2. Most of the people right now who read this are either Baylor grads, or strongly connected to Baylor in some way. If you start up a conversation in any of the comment sections, go easy on them. They think Baylor is the most closed minded, spiritually infused, fundmantelist place that ever existed. Let's let them keep there illusions. And here's a brief lexicon, just in case you get in a conversation and get confused (I'll add more later.)
"Common Grounds"= Hungri Maverick, except with rich customers, rich workers, and where everyone has
their front teeth.
"Dia del Oso" = Tiger Mania, exept that everyone goes.
"Chapel"= Something they vaguely remember going to their freshman year, not a lifestyle.
"Sunday Lunch"= A time to go plop down $15 with a few close friends, not a time to go eat leftovers in
the cafeteria with the weekend remnant.
"Weekend camping trip"= Something that is planned days in advance, not a spur of the moment trip to Caddo
or Lake O' the Pines.

3. If you find it confusing to figure out where I stand on things, don't worry, it confuses me to.
4. I am a Christian (See September 7 post,) but that may mean something totally different than what you are thinking (or, it might be just what you were thinking.)

No comments: