Wednesday, May 31, 2006

It takes a LOT to piss me off, and I've been in a constant state of being pissed off for the past two weeks. I can't elaborate too much because I've read news stories of people getting fired for what they wrote on their blogs. I'll just say that there are some people who I interact with and and totally understand why God created the natural order in such a way that would give rise to the development of alcohol. Spend a week and a half with those same people and kick-ass, anti-establishment country music makes total sense as well.

I've got a Budweiser Select in my hand and Miranda Lambert playing loudly through the speakers. I'll get better soon and start writing the stuff you want me to write. Right now, however, I have a great need to be a badass.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just don't forget to brush dem fangs.

Janalee said...

I'm sorry things are so sucky. You should come to Dallas for a break. I think those margaritas you like are really close to where I live.

jenA said...

don't worry about firing unless your company has an anti-disparagement clause or it's been expressly directed that no employees use company computers for personal correspondence.
there's no cause for firing you on the basis of employee harassment because you don't name anyone and you likely (I assume) neither intend for nor invite your co-workers to read your blog.

jenA said...

and stay away from kerosene.

Candace Shaw said...

don't feel any pressure from us readers... write what you want and need to write.

Unknown said...

Drinky drinky drinky.

That's my advice.

Anonymous said...

As my good friend Foo (of the musical Foo Fighters)says: "It's times like these..." Then fill in the blank basically. Margaritas at Ninfa's helped some didn't they?! Of course, I am totally replying really late on this blog, but what can I say? My normal blog space is either myspace or Yahoo! 360...Anyway, aren't we all glad that the sun is shining again at 2708?