Thursday, December 30, 2004

Numb...

The toughest part of the past couple of days is that I have been healthy, got to see the kids last night, have enjoyed good naps and good reading and good television. I've thought with anticipation about the new year and what it will bring and I've thought about who I want to become. And I've done this with the knowledge in the back of my mind that one of the greatest natural disasters in all of history that has claimed over a hundred thousand lives has just occured. I'm so extremely shallow.

I don't want to get into the "where was God in all this discussion," because I don't know the answers.
I don't know.
I wish I grieved more.
What do you do with that?
How should we think and how should we feel?
There are no compartments yet created for this one.
So I guess we just pray and give but our prayers should consist of one word.
Perhaps two.
God, help.

No comments: