Thursday, December 02, 2004

Christian Spirituality and Major Movements....

I've got three minutes to type before I go to work.

I just got finished with a conversation in which I referenced my friend Luke Smith, who occasionally reads my blog. Luke is someone who, for as long as I have known him, has a vibrant Christian faith that is quite independent from any major movements.

That's what I want. It seems like my whole life as a follower of Christ, and those of most of my friends, has ridden the ebb and flow of popular Christian movements. Either we experience their coming and going or we use these movements as a trajectory to shoot us into eternity.

Emergent
Postmodern
Louie Gigleo and his elevation of John Piper through the Passion movement
Experiencing God
Prayer of Jabez
Ron Sider and Social Justice


Is anyone following Christ for the sake of following Christ? I'm not, but I want to be.

No comments: