Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Great Interview...

Although MSNBC has become the Fox of the left, I am still loyal to it as my news of choice. Rachel Maddow has a new show that I enjoy watching, even though it drives me batty. Using satire and sarcasm, she demeans the conservative side of the political aisle. Finally, though, someone has called a liberal out on their pronouncements to "elevate the tone" while effectively lowering the bar. I looked up from my homework and my jaw dropped when I heard what was going on. Enjoy and discuss...


3 comments:

Lindsay Carney said...

this was pretty good. It's amazing how honesty can ground the most rhetorical of them.

Lindsay Carney said...

oops josh

Unknown said...

Maddow's failure in this dialogue is not drawing a distinction between what followers of campaigns do/say and what the actual campaigns do/say.

Sure, we can use satire and humor when people on both sides are being idiots, but we need to have intelligent discussion about actual issues and strategies among the candidates themselves...especially when they fall off the wagon and intentionally foster stupidity.