Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Stuff...

Things have been relatively quiet in my world lately. As far as summers go, this one has been uneventful. Here's some random stuff I've enjoyed lately...

-- I've been loving the new country group Lady Antebellum. You should check out their songs Love Don't Live Here and Things People Say.

-- I spent much of the first part of the summer trying to read the Bible more. I read the book of Acts and then moved on to I and II Samuel. There's some crazy stuff in the Samuels, such as the use of a Sylvia Browne-type character to call up the spirit of Samuel. I had not clue. Crazy, crazy.

-- There's a great article in this week's Time Magazine about patriotism. It explains the differences between how conservatives and liberals view what it means to be patriotic, and then shows how both side needs to embrace a little of the other in order to have a more complete, and humble, patriotic fervor. It includes thoughtful articles by both McCain and Obama.

-- I've been watching Nashville Star. I'm pulling for Melissa and Gabe.

-- It's been hard to get into books lately, but I'm excited because Kathleen Norris has a new one coming out in September.

That's all for now. I'm going to bed.

No comments: