Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Still Busy...

So here's what my next few days looks like... Tomorrow I begin moving into my new place over on Washington. This weekend I'm preaching a wedding, so Friday afternoon is rehearsal etc., and Saturday evening is the wedding. This weekend Jason and Christy comes back from Thailand, which excites me to no end. Oh, yeah, I also work every day from now until next Monday, including the days I do wedding stuff and move.

I hope you keep checking in from time to time. I promise that once stuff settles down I'll be consistent with writing. In the meantime, here are the five most recently played songs on my Itunes...

1. It Ends Tonight by All-American Rejects.
2. Wasted by Carrie Underwood.
3. Strange Fire by the Indigo Girls.
4. Nothing Left to Lose by Mat Kearney.
5. Shame by Matchbox 20.

...and the five most recent books I have read, but not necessarily completed...

1. Starvation Heights by Gregg Olsen. (Ended up being a great book. And scroll down to the post I wrote about it. The author commented, and I'm a little embarassed with some of the things I said.)

2. No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy. (I'm trying to pick one author and all their stuff. McCarthy is definitely one of the best writers alive, but it can be a bit dark at times... definitely not light Sunday afternoon reading.)

3. Traveling Mercies by Ann Lamott. (This is probably the book I've reread the most in my life... I'm reading it now because this fall I'll be co-leading a Sunday School small group over it.)

4. Lottery by Patricia Wood. (I can't remember if I've mentioned this. I picked up an Advanced Readers copy of this and zipped through it. This is a great story about a simple life that understands where true meaning is found.)

5. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. (Another masterpiece from Hosseini.)

...and here's a clip from one of the greatest Seinfeld episodes ever. Kyle and I used to secretely reference it in many of our conversations...




...and if you're still bored, check out this promotional video for Waco, and be fully envious of those of us who live here...




until we meet again...
______________
Oh, one more thing, if you're looking for a great new taste sensation, check out Blue Bell's 100th Aniversery Cake flavor. There are huge chunks of cake INSIDE the Ice Cream. WITH frosting. Those people are genius.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Craig, have you tried the Blue Bell cake batter ice cream? It's amazing, man. Kind of makes you believe in Jesus a little more. In fact, I think I will do some praying right now.