Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Rededicate...

I'm coming out of a funk-filled few days (as you could probably tell from my two previous posts,) which was characterized by what Ann Lamott calls "bad mind." I decided that when this happens I'm just going to go all out Evangelical and "give it over to the Lord." Kyle used to talk about thought space and how you shouldn't waste too much of your thought space on borrowed troubles. I need to remember this more.

I read a quote from Rich Mullins that I really enjoyed. He was talking at a concert and making fun of how, when he was younger and going to youth camps all the time, he would "rededicate his life to the Lord" every year. People laughed, but then he told them that if they are young and doing this, then to keep doing it. Because when you get to college you'll find you need to rededicate your life about twice a year, then later in your twenties it'll be every month. By the time you reach your 30's and 40's you'll be rededicating your life four or five times a day.

I'm supposing I need to keep that in mind.

Alright, I'm off to work. Tomorrow is a very special birthday, so stay tuned.

No comments: