Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I feel slightly trapped.

Four years in retail has taken its toll, and never is it felt more than after the holiday season.

I'm reading this biography of MLK and have just completed a section which described King's struggle between the optimistic view of society espoused by Walter Rauschenbusch and the more realistic view of mankind's (in)ability to be good people. I'm sure he spent hours reading volumes by each, but all that is necessary to make up your mind is working with people in a retail system for any amount of time. There are just too many mean people out there.

And the hours. The human body is conditioned to work, but not during the day some, at night some, and somewhere in between some.

I need out, and I need out quick. If you have any suggestions, I'm open to anything.

1 comment:

ruth said...

no suggestions but an emphatic amen.