Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Time and Tolls...

I mentioned yesterday I downloaded a Bebo Norman song on ITunes. The song is called Time Takes it's Toll on Us, and at this moment I can't thinking of a more appropriate saying.

I'm feeling the toll is being taken.

I'm in a job that doesn't pay well but is just enjoyable enough to stick around. It's not as good as it has been, not bad as it could be, just a place to go to and work until it's time to go home. I've lost the will to fight the things I'm frustrated with and feel like a wild horse that has been broken into submission.

My body, though much healthier than it was two years ago, is starting to feel old. I know I've got several years before the real effects of aging kicks in, and I know there are things I can do to prolong it. But when I squat down to pick something up I grunt on my way back up, and this can't be good.

Yesterday someone asked me who my closest friends are and it was hard to answer. There are people around here who I love dearly and who mean the world to me. But my closest friends? Dead and on the other side of the world. Remember when you were younger and you got a phone call from a friend just to say "Hey, what's going on?" Yeah, that seems to end with time.*

Time takes it's toll on us
And it tries it's best just to steal our love
And we bend and we break, but we don't give up
Time takes it's toll on us


Yeah, I'm not "giving up," so don't despair. But not giving up doesn't mean I'm not bending and breaking.
____________________________
*Please don't do this unless you'd already planned on it. The last thing I need now is a pity call.

1 comment:

Aho said...

Yesterday someone asked me who my closest friends are and it was hard to answer. There are people around here who I love dearly and who mean the world to me. But my closest friends? Dead and on the other side of the world. Remember when you were younger and you got a phone call from a friend just to say "Hey, what's going on?" Yeah, that seems to end with time.*

how true.