Sunday, February 19, 2006

As Promised...

I've got a lot of things to do today, such as run 13 miles, spend some time with the cutest 3 kids in the world, and buy a pair of shoes. But the important things first-- As promised, here are further thoughts on Grey's Anatomy.

-- I'm kind of indifferent to the whole Izzy-Alex storyline now. I DO believe, thought, that their sex romp during the previous two weeks crisis was probably realistic. If you are facing certain catastrophe, well, I'm sure that happens a lot. I'm glad Alex passed his practicals. His character is weird because I don't know whether to sympathize with him or to call a spade a spade and just admit he's a total ass. Izzy, however, I love, and would rather see her with someone else, possibly a viewer from Waco, Tx.

-- Ok, here's possibly my most controversial thought, but I have company in Jonathan Potter. Mr. Dr. Shepherd should stay with his wife. I'm a much bigger fan of Addison Montgomery Shepherd than of Merdith Gray. Sure she cheated, but I really think she loves her husband. I am also attracted to very strong-confident women, and she is both. And her beauty is much more mature-old school than Meredith.

-- I was starting to not like Meredith Grey until I read this blog from the creator and chief writer of the show. She reminded me why Meredith is the way she is and now I can forgive her for being a whiny bitch.

-- One of the things I'm interested most in seeing after the previous two weeks is how the characters will have been changed as a result of the whole bomb incident. And the change I'm most interested in seeing is in Dr. Bailey and how she reacts to being a mother, and to being so affected by George's actions during her birth. If the writers keep her the same (this also goes for Christina) I'll be a little disappointed.

-- So everyone loved it when Dr. Webber's wife made the comment "That's not the 'she' he was looking for." If you are new to the show you need to know why this is significant... Earlier (I think it may have been last season) Dr. Webber, the chief of surgery, had to be out for a while because of a medical condition and he needed to name an interim to take his place. He chose Dr. Shepherd because he found out about Burke being together with Christina, one of the interns. What he didn't know is that Shepherd was also sleeping with an intern, Meredith. Burke new it, but used class and didn't say anything. But now Webber will probably find out about Shep and Grey.

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.

So needless to say, I really love this show. If you do to, and you are in Waco, stop by tonight. We'll have a group watching it together.

No comments: