Thursday, September 22, 2005

Back in the saddle...

It's time I get back to more frequent daily updates, i.e., bullets. It seems as if people who are new to blogging, and people on xanga, blog more frequently. I wonder why that is? I guess it's not important. Here are your bullets...

-- I've had a few people from outside of Waco email me about tickets to the Crowder Band CD release concert. All I know is that as of Sunday morning there were only about a hundred tickets left. I'm sure those are all gone. I did hear last night that they would gauge how many more people can fit in the church after the ticket-holders get in and possibly let a few more in. If you want to chance it, come on. We have a spare couch. I'm actually not going. I'm a big Crowder fan but, the older I get, I become less and less of a crowd fan. Get it? Crowder's name contains the word "crowd" and I like one but don't like the other? I hope it brought joy to your last 15 seconds.

-- The things that I'm reading and listening to do not reflect what is on the sidebar. I haven't changed that in months. Right now I'm reading "Peace Like a River" by Leif Enger. Took me a while to get in in, but I've hit my stride and am loving it. It's allowing me to think of miracles the way I thought of them before I was exposed to East Texas "miracle workers."

-- We've started a new group at UBC called "The Other Side," consisting of folks from grad school and beyond. It is blowing the roof off all our expectations. It's exciting to look forward to expanding my community with these cool people.

-- I'm 2-0 in my fantasy football league.

-- Oh, yeah, I was also going to tell you what I'm listening to. Really, not much of anything. Since I don't have a cd player in my piece of crap car, I just listen to the radio. When I run I usually bring along a walkman, but lately I have been enjoying running without music. So the only time I'm really listening to anything is when I go to sleep. Last night it was to Dolly Parton's "Little Sparrow." I also got Rob Thomas' solo cd a few weeks ago and am enjoying it.

-- Speaking of Dolly... She and George Jones have a new duet out called "The Blues Man" and it is unbelievable.

-- When it comes to country stars, it seems like a lot of people start talking about how they are huge fans of one as soon as the celebrity is getting ready to die. I think George Jones probably has a few years left, but after everyone pretends to be liefelong Johnny Cash fans after the movie comes out this fall, I've got my money that the next person they will choose to have been a lifetime fan of will be George Jones. When it happens, it will drive my dad crazy.

-- I'm a lifetime fan of Don Williams, but that's neither here nor there.

-- Looks like Rita is making a turn and heading straight to the Chandler, Brownsboro, Edom, Murchison area. Please keep my family in your prayers.


______
I almost forgot. Went to the doctor for a pre operation meeting today. My surgury will be on October 7. I'll only be out of commission for a couple of days. I'll come out of it with a bandaged head like a war-hero and stitches on my head behind the ear.

I didn't think to ask, but one thing I'm worried about is how long it'll be before I can go into my loud music church.

No comments: