Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Who Needs a Title?...

-- I think I mentioned this last year, but I'm mentioning it again. I've been to the doctor more in the past two years than in the previous ten years combined. This time, as it was about a year ago, was for an upper respiratory infection. I chose to go in at the first sign of problems this time rather than waiting. Now I have medicine and am waiting for it to happen.

-- Keith suggested I become his Oprah and give out my weight loss secrets in a blog. I have been thinking about writing a post talking about growing up a large person, and some of that will probably make it into my book. Right now I'll just say that I did a few weeks of slim fast here, a few weeks of giving up Dr. Pepper there, and a couple of days of the South Beach Diet. Lately though I've just been trying to not eat in between meals. If I ate better I'd probably be bragging a lot more. I eat crap. I think exercise was the key for me. I run at least four miles at least five times a week.

-- Looking forward to a trip to D.C. in a few weeks to pick my friend Tracy up from my friend (and Aaron's thorn) Luke Smith's family's house and drive back to Texas. I made that drive eight years ago (Luke, can you believe it's been that long?) and it killed me. I can imagine what it'll do to me now. But I'm still excited. It's been about three years since I've been to D.C. and I'm looking forward to seeing some of the new stuff.

-- If you're here in Waco and want to join my book club, I'd love to have you. It's been hard getting people interested, but I don't think I've tried hard enough. The Monday after Baylor's Spring Break we will be discussing Ann Lamott's "Traveling Mercies" at my house. Let me know if you're interested. You do not need to be a part of UBC to attend.

-- Well, I'm off to buy some more cough drops then to the gym then home to take a nap. (I'm off today.)

No comments: