Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Moving it Down...

I figured y'all were probably tired of checking my blog and seeing the January 17 schedule of the Turner Broadcasting Station. Does anyone else remember when it was WTBS? I do. They had wrestling. The good wrestling. Not that this is what I've planned on writing about. So I move on.

My work schedule this week has been the best ever. I generally work one of three shifts: 7:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m., or 2:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. 7-4 is my favorite. This week I was off on Sunday, worked 7-4 on Monday, had yesterday and today off, and work Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 7-4. (The Sunday off was to make up for working on New Years.

I've done not much of anything for the past couple of days, and yet a lot of things, most occuring in my mind. I've tried to finish reading "The Curious Incident of the Dog at Night Time," but haven't been successful. It's a fun book to read, but it doesn't demand my attention and time like "The Kite Runner" did. Other than that I've spent a lot of time over at the Lake's, watching "Shrek 2," "Homeward Bound" and a half-dozen episodes of "Sesame Street." I put together a Cinderella and a My Little Pony puzzle, with Avery's help, of course. With the boys its hard to describe a day taking care of two year olds. I guess it would suffice to say that a lot of tickling and wrestling went on.

Blake's been writing a post about all his groomsmen on his blog lately and you'd be lying if you said you didn't get up every morning to see if he has done you yet. Well, mine came today and it made me feel extremely good. I talked to Robert the other night and he made the comment that he wanted to print his off and walk around and show it to people like a little kid. I felt the same.

It's a generally quiet week here in my world. UBC students aren't back in town just yet, but the holidays are practially over. So the world seems to be standing still. It was cold today and if the world is going to be in a standing still mode I would rather it be cold than hot. I think and contemplate better in the cold. Not sure why.

I think Rich Mullins was probably the most influential singer in my life and I've been thinking about his song "Growing Young" today. Times like these make me feel extremely young, and I like it.

These thoughts have been quite random. I just wanted to write words and hope they made a little sense.

May you feel peace tonight.

No comments: