Friday, August 13, 2004

Today's Words...

After months of planning and anticipation, I travelled to Seattle last week for Blake and Karla's wedding. The times spent with them and old friends were rich and fulfilling. It is in times like those where God peaks G0d's head into our reality and says "peekaboo." And we are awed.

After weeks of waiting, I attended Avery and Sutton and Jude's birthday party last night. You haven't known fun until you've been to a kids party as an adult. It is in times like those where God peaks God's head into our reality and says "peekaboo." And we are overjoyed.

After an intereting conversation on Tuesday night about the links between family and community, and how the contemporary reality of being seperated from your family becomes a difficult row to hoe, my dad called me to let me know a cousin of mine (who I haven't seen in years) passed away, and that the family wants me to be a pallbearer. It is in times like this where God peak's God's head into our reality and says "peekaboo." And we are humbled.

So I'll be headed to East Texas today. Here's hoping your 24 hour block is awe-inspiring, joyous, and humbling.

No comments: