Thursday, September 18, 2003

I just had one of the most jacked-up dreams ever. Took a little nap between my meeting at work and when I have to go back to work.

Here's the dream.

It started off with me watching the E! True Hollywood story of Gunsmoke. One of the stars of Gunsmoke, in my dream, not for real, was Eva Mae Coleman, my grandmother. The story was telling the dilemma the writers faced when Eva Mae's health started to go south. What would they do with her character? They eventually had to deal with her death. So they had her character in the show die. But, ironically, my grandmother died on the same day that her Gunsmoke character died. (Incidentally, my grandmother isn't dead-- just very sick.)

Somehow I found myself out on a western ranch, just weeping at the beauty of it all, thinking about how my grandmother never got to see the ranch. Not a real one anyway. Just the one on the set of Gunsmoke.

I was at the graveside of my grandmother's, but never actually went up to the service, because the rain created floods around the gravesite. As I was leaving the graveyard, some guy yelled to me that he needed a ride to Tyler. (I think we were in Dallas at the time.) So I decided to give him a ride. Actually, I decided to let him drive my vehicle, which was actually my dad's truck. We were driving through a massive storm. As we were driving, I was reflecting on my life, and thinking about the large mansion I lived in. (Which wasn't the house I'm really living in.) After a while of introspection, I looked over, and realized who the guy was that was driving-- it was Tobey Macaheean. Or TobyMac (and the mack is back no slack.) I freaked out inside, but tried to play it cool on the outside. I asked how the tour was going. I tried to pretend that I listen to his music, although I'd never heard anything of his other than one song, and other than DCTalk stuff. Eventually, I told him that he could let me off here in Waco (although we were on Spur 269- connecting highway 31 and loop 323 in Tyler.) So I got off and started walking. At this point, the storm had ceased, but the clouds were still in the sky.

I found myself walking along the spur, not sure where. Regina Meza, who, in real life, works in the cafe' at Barnes and Noble, began walking beside me. We were just chit chatting, then I remembered something-- Regina was in DCTAlk (in the dream, not in real life.) I remembered that it was TobyMac, That black guy, and Regina Meza (not quite sure how I left Kevin Smith out, since he's the only former DCtalker I've actually heard any music from.) I asked Regina what was going on with her. She got this excited look, like she had a secret but just had to tell someone. I guessed the secret and said "Holy crap Regina, is DC Talk getting back together?!" I'm really not quite sure why this excited me so much. She said that they are talking with their management, and that we should hear something soon. She was really hoping it would work out, since she hasn't quite made as much money in the Barnes and Noble cafe' as she had touring with DCTalk.

And that was the end of my dream. I woke up because I had to take a piss.
__________________________
So, here's where all that may have come from:

I watched the E! True Hollywood Story on Gimme a Break today, where they explained the need to write around the lead male character's cancer.

I visited my grandmother a couple of weeks ago in the nursing home, and it was the first time that I saw her that she wasn't my grandmother.... just one of those people we see in the nursing home that we feel sorry for.

A few months ago I started watching Gunsmoke again, since it was my grandfather's favorite show.

The storm probably came from hurricane Isabel.

A couple of days ago I heard a TobyMac song, my first ever, and actually liked it.

Regina was working in the cafe' this morning when I came in for my meeting.

Thinking of my mansion probably has something to do with Tom building that place near campus, and the possibility of me moving.


I'm pretty screwed up, it would seem.

No comments: