Thursday, March 11, 2004



Both Tim and Chad have recommended this book to me over the past few weeks. I decided to order a few copies for the store and read it during my breaks. I am thouroughly enjoying it. He's not the greatest writer. The back says something about him being an Ann Lamott. I don't think he is.... not near as funny as Lamott.

But I'll tell you, when I finish reading each chapter, I feel like I've just had a conversation with a good friend about faith. But not one of those "let's figure out what is right" conversations. But a real conversation that occurs among real people whose only agenda is sharing life and telling stories.

I am believing more and more that it does not diminish the value and power of our sacred text to say, as Brian McLaren would say, that the Bible is not our answer book, but our story. And that story is fluid and open and a little messy at times. And it doesn't always have a clean ending and resolution......

No comments: